The Butterfly Festival here in Wimberley is a must-see event for those of you with children and grandchildren, and, of course, butterfly enthusiasts and entomologists. Held every year, this year’s event will be this Saturday, April 18th, and begins at 9 a.m. with the opening ceremony. Admission is free, but donations are encouraged. We’ve provided a list below of the Butterfly Festival’s schedule and other details, or you can head over to the EmilyAnn Theatre & Gardens website for full details.
Butterfly Festival Schedule and Details:
- Opening Ceremony 9:00 a.m.
- Dedication of Texas Flag Pole
- Commemorative Air Force Flyover (weather permitting)
- Live Butterfly Releases (every 30 minutes)
- Butterfly Art
- Flight House featuring Texas Native Butterflies
- Nature Activities
- Pirate & Princess Tents
- Games, Concessions & Live Entertainment
Get directions using Google Maps by clicking here or simply use the map below.